Add WiNG Sensors To A Wi-MGR Installation
Over the years we have sold and commissioned a significant amount of Wi equipment, and we know there are facilities that are dependent on these Wi installations. Although our Wi sensors and manager have been replaced by WiNG and are now inactive products, we wanted to make sure our users could still add sensors to their existing installs. Designed for installations that are dependent upon and invested in the Wi-MGR, the WiNG-LINK is a communications adapter that allows WiNG sensors to communicate with a Wi-MGR.
The WiNG-LINK allows customers to add WiNG sensors to a Wi network and to replace obsolete 418MHz sensors with our greatly improved 900MHz WiNG sensors. This solution provides users with the same seamless sensor integration they’ve grown to expect from RLE products, and allows existing systems to upgrade and employ our improved sensor
WiNG systems have an unprecedented transmission range: up to 100 feet through multiple walls, up to 270 feet through one wall, and up to 600 feet indoor, direct line of sight. The WiNG-LINK improves upon these metrics, adding up to 1,000 feet direct line of sight distance to the installation.
- Add to a Wi wireless monitoring system to allow WiNG sensors to communicate with a Wi-MGR.
- Dramatically increase transmission range:
- Add up to 1,000 feet (305m) direct line of sight distance to the installation
- Includes a wide range power supply
- Wall mount brackets allow you to mount the LINK in an unobtrusive yet effective location.
- External antennas included for maximum signal coverage.
Technical Note: A Wi-MGR must be running firmware version 6.4.4 or newer in order for the Wi-MGR to receive signals from the WiNG-LINK. Before you install a WiNG-LINK, make sure the firmware on your Wi-MGR is updated. Download the latest version of firmware on the Documentation tab of this web page, or on the Discontinued Products tab of our Technical Resources page.
Power: 5VDC @ 400mA max.
Included Equipment: WiNG-LINK, PSWA-DC-5 power supply, antennas, wall mount brackets
USB Communication Port: Serial port emulation for firmware upgrades and diagnostics
- Up to 1,000 ft (305m) indoors, direct line of sight to Wi-MGR.
- Up to 600 ft (183m) direct line of sight to WiNG sensors.
- Up to 270ft (82.3m) through one wall to WiNG sensors.
- Up to 100 ft (30.5m) through multiple walls to WiNG sensors.
- Temperature: 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC – 60ºC)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- Altitude: 15,000 ft (4572m) max.
Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 185ºF (-20ºC – 85ºC)
Mounting: Freestanding, wall mount (included)
Dimensions and Weight: 4.5”W x 4.8”D x 1.6”H (11.4cmW x 12.2cmD x 4.1cmH), 1.2lb (0.534kg)
Certifications: ETL listed; conforms to UL 61010-1, EN 61010; EN 61326-1; EN 301489-1; EN 301489-3; certified to CSA C22.2 NO, 61010.1; RoHS compliant; FCC ID: MCQ-XB900HP; IC: 1846A-XB900HP
Product Documentation Links
In order for a WiNG-LINK to communicate with a Wi-MGR, the Wi-MGR MUST be running firmware version 6.4.4 or newer. Download the latest version of firmware (below), and update the firmware on your Wi-MGR.