The Protocol Converter connects directly to equipment and converts SNMP, BACnet, and Modbus protocols to one or more of these same protocols for integration into a building management system (BMS) or network management system (NMS).
RLE offers two Protocol Converters:
- The Protocol Converter (FDS-PC) has one EIA-485 port.
- The dual port Protocol Converter (FDS-PC-DP) has three EIA-485 ports for extended Modbus polling over multiple trunk lines.
The Protocol Converter is ideal for situations where data from monitored equipment is incompatible with the protocols used by the BMS or NMS, such as in cases where legacy monitoring systems are present.
- Multiple input and output protocols
- Monitor up to 1,024 Modbus registers, OIDs, or instances
- Connect up to 32 units/modules/nodes
- Connect to multiple trunk lines with Dual Port Protocol Converter
- Alarm notification through email, SNMP
- Configurable via web intreface
Power: 24VAC @ 600mA max, 50/60Hz, 24VDC @ 600mA max. (PSWA-DC-24 included)
- Ethernet: 10/100BaseT, RJ45 connector; 500VAC RMS isolation
- EIA-232: DB9 female connector; 9600 baud; No parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
- EIA-485: 1200, 2400, 9600 or 19200 baud (selectable); Parity: none, even or odd, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
Dual Port Protocol Converter contains 2 additional EIA-485 ports (Three total EIA-485 ports; Port 2 configurable for half- or full-duplex)
- TCP/IP; HTML, TFTP
- SNMP: V1: V2C MIB-2 compliant; NMS Manageable with Get
- Modbus (EIA-485): Modbus Master/Slave; RTU mode; Supports Master codes 01, 02, 03, 04; Slave code 03
- Modbus TCP/IP: Modbus Master/Slave; TCP/IP transmission protocol
- BACNet/IP: ASHRAE STD 135-2004 Annex J; Port 3 on Dual Port Protocol Converter is BACnet MS/TP capable (Slave only)
- SMTP (email): Supports Client Authentication (plain and login); compatible with ESMTP Servers
- Terminal Emulation (EIA-232): VT100 compatible (for configuration and diagnostics only)
Protocols In: SNMP, Modbus EIA-485, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet/IP
Protocols Out: SNMP, Modbus EIA-485, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet/IP; BACnet MS/TP (Port 3 of Dual Port Protocol Converter only)
- Web Browser Access (Ethernet): 1 Web password Read Only; 1 Web password Read/Write
- Terminal Emulation Access: None
Maximum Number of units/modules/nodes: 32
Maximum Number of registers/OIDs/instances: 1,024
- Network: 1 Green/Red LED: Link/No Link; 1 Green Active (additional LEDs for Dual Port Protocol Converter)
- EIA-485 Status: 2 Green Transmit and Receive LEDs (additional LEDs for Dual Port Protocol Converter)
- Temperature: 32ºF to 122ºF (0ºC – 50ºC)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- Altitude: 15,000 ft (4572m) max.
Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 185ºF (-20ºC – 85ºC)
Mounting: Desktop, rack mount (brackets included), or wall mount (brackets available, sold separately)
Dimensions: 9.8”W x 5.3”D x 1.8”H (248mmW x 135mmD x 46mmH)
Weight: 2.32 lb. (1.05kg)
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010-1, EN 61010-1; certified to CSA C22.2 NO. 61010-1; RoHS compliant
Product Documentation Links
NOTE: The Protocol Converter is a fairly complicated product to configure. Be sure to consult the quick start guide for basic product setup, and refer to the user guide for more advanced wiring, configuration, and troubleshooting information.