The SeaHawk 10K distance-read leak detection controller monitors up to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) of sensing cable. It is compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables and the SeaHawk SD-Z spot detector.
This controller features an audible alarm and visible LED notification. These features allow the 10K to serve as a stand-alone leak detection & notification solution.
Although the 10K does not have a web interface, it can be networked with other RLE Web-accessible controllers or any other Modbus RTU-equipped monitoring system. The 10K retains its stand-alone features, while the Web-accessible controller provides a centralized source of monitoring, communication, and notification capabilities.
Ready to purchase a SeaHawk system? Download and use our SeaHawk Sensing Cable Length Calculator to make sure you order the right amount of cable.
Make sure you have the right power supply!
Note: The 10K requires an isolated power supply. A power supply is not included with the 10K. Purchase RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24 or WA-AC-24.
- Accommodates up to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) of sensing cable and/or spot detectors
- Audible and visible alarm notification
- Modbus RTU communication via EIA-485 connection
- Functions as stand-alone leak detection or integrates into larger systems
- Panel and DIN rail mountable
- Relay output for system integration with BMS/NMS/BAS and other RLE products
Included Equipment: SeaHawk 10K controller, leader cable, end-of-line (EOL) terminator
Additional Requirements: Isolated RLE power supply, sensing cable and spot detector (as needed for application)
Power: Requires an isolated power supply.
- 12-24VDC (±10%) Isolated, 50-60Hz; requires RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24-ST (not included)
- 12-24VAC (±10%) Isolated, 50-60Hz; requires RLE power supply WA-AC-24-ST (not included)
- 400mA max @ 12VAC/DC; 200mA max @ 24 VAC/DC
Output Relay: 1 Form C, 5A resistive @ 30VDC, 8A resistive @ 250VAC, Minimum load 10mA @ 5VDC (Signal)
- Leak Detection Cable: Compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables (not included)
- Cable Input: Requires 15ft (4.6m) leader cable and EOL terminator (included)
- Maximum Length: 10,000ft (3048m) of sensing cable
- Minimum Length: 35ft (11m)
- Detection Accuracy: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.5% of the cable length
- Detection Repeatability: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.25% of the cable length
- Detection Response: When used with sensing cable, 5-990sec. (selectable).
- EIA-485: 1200, 9600, or 38400 baud, N2 (selectable); Parity: none, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
- Modbus (RTU): Slave; RTU mode; Supports function codes 03, 04, 06 and 16 Master; RTU mode for integration with select RLE controllers or any Modbus master BMS/NMS. Addressable from 1-255.
- Johnson Controls Metasys (N2)
- Visible Alarm: Red LED for leak alarm; yellow LED for cable contamination or fault; 4-character LED displays distance or fault status
- Audible Alarm: 85dBA @ 2ft (0.6m); re-sound configurable, 0-999min.
Front Panel Interface
- 4-character LED: Displays leak or contamination distance or fault status.
- 6 LED Indicators:
- Red: Leak
- Yellow: Cable Fault or Contamination
- Green: Power On
- Green: Measurements made in feet
- Green: Measurements made in meters
- Green: Microamps of current on cable
- Push Button: Test/Reset/Alarm Silence, cycle through device functions
- Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
Dimensions: 2.8”W x 4.3”H x 2.4”D (71mmW x 109mmH x 61mmD)
Weight: 5.3oz. (153g)
Mounting: DIN rail or panel mountable
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to EN 61010-1; UL 61010-1, certified to CSA C22.2 NO. 61010-1; RoHS compliant
Product Documentation Links
The 10K does not have a web interface, but can communicate via Modbus to any Modbus-equipped monitoring system. Use the dip switches on the front of the unit for configuration.
The 10K requires an isolated power supply. RLE recommends and stocks PSWA-DC-24, a 24VDC supply that plugs directly into a wall outlet. This supply is available for purchase separately.
Power is supplied to the 10K through a terminal block connection. If you have a PSWA-DC-24, it may have a barrel connector on the end of the connecting wires. Simply clip the barrel connector off and strip the end of the wires to connect the power supply to the 10K.