The SeaHawk 10K distance-read leak detection controller monitors up to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) of sensing cable. It is compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables and the SeaHawk SD-Z spot detector.
This controller features an audible alarm and visible LED notification. These features allow the 10K to serve as a stand-alone leak detection & notification solution.
Although the 10K does not have a web interface, it can be networked with other RLE Web-accessible controllers or any other Modbus RTU-equipped monitoring system. The 10K retains its stand-alone features, while the Web-accessible controller provides a centralized source of monitoring, communication, and notification capabilities.
Ready to purchase a SeaHawk system? Download and use our SeaHawk Sensing Cable Length Calculator to make sure you order the right amount of cable.
Make Sure You Have An Isolated Power Supply!
RLE leak detection controllers, including the 10K, require an isolated power supply. A power supply is not included with the 10K. Purchase an RLE power supply – PSWA-DC-24-ST or WA-AC-24-ST.
Click here for more information about RLE leak detection controllers and isolated power supplies.
- Accommodates up to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) of sensing cable and/or spot detectors
- Audible and visible alarm notification
- Modbus RTU communication via EIA-485 connection
- Functions as stand-alone leak detection or integrates into larger systems
- Panel and DIN rail mountable
- Relay output for system integration with BMS/NMS/BAS and other RLE products
Included Equipment: SeaHawk 10K controller, leader cable, end-of-line (EOL) terminator
Additional Requirements: Isolated RLE power supply, sensing cable and spot detector (as needed for application)
Power: Requires an isolated power supply.
- 12-24VDC (±10%) Isolated, 50-60Hz; requires RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24-ST (not included)
- 12-24VAC (±10%) Isolated, 50-60Hz; requires RLE power supply WA-AC-24-ST (not included)
- 400mA max @ 12VAC/DC; 200mA max @ 24 VAC/DC
Output Relay: 1 Form C, 5A resistive @ 30VDC, 8A resistive @ 250VAC, Minimum load 10mA @ 5VDC (Signal)
- Leak Detection Cable: Compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables (not included)
- Cable Input: Requires 15ft (4.6m) leader cable and EOL terminator (included)
- Maximum Length: 10,000ft (3048m) of sensing cable
- Minimum Length: 35ft (11m)
- Detection Accuracy: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.5% of the cable length
- Detection Repeatability: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.25% of the cable length
- Detection Response: When used with sensing cable, 5-990sec. (selectable).
- EIA-485: 1200, 9600, or 38400 baud, N2 (selectable); Parity: none, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
- EIA-485: Modbus RTU Server; N2
- Visible Alarm: Red LED for leak alarm; yellow LED for cable contamination or fault; 4-character LED displays distance or fault status
- Audible Alarm: 85dBA @ 2ft (0.6m); re-sound configurable, 0-999min.
Front Panel Interface
- 4-character LED: Displays leak or contamination distance or fault status.
- 6 LED Indicators:
- Red: Leak
- Yellow: Cable Fault or Contamination
- Green: Power On
- Green: Measurements made in feet
- Green: Measurements made in meters
- Green: Microamps of current on cable
- Push Button: Test/Reset/Alarm Silence, cycle through device functions
- Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
Dimensions: 2.8”W x 4.3”H x 2.4”D (71mmW x 109mmH x 61mmD)
Weight: 5.3oz. (153g)
Mounting: DIN rail or panel mountable
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to EN 61010-1; UL 61010-1, certified to CSA C22.2 NO. 61010-1; RoHS compliant
Product Documentation Links
The 10K does not have a web interface, but can communicate via Modbus to any Modbus-equipped monitoring system. Use the dip switches on the front of the unit for configuration.
The 10K requires an isolated power supply. Purchase RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24-ST or WA-AC-24-ST for use with the 10K.