The SeaHawk LD1500 distance-read leak detection controller monitors up to 1500 feet (457 meters) of sensing cable. This web-accessible controller is designed for simple integration into existing monitoring systems, and is compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables and the SeaHawk SD-Z spot detector.
This controller is ideal for areas where sensing cable may not be visible. The LD1500 is most commonly installed in data centers (under raised floors), museums, libraries, clean rooms, and telecommunication centers. Multiple LD1500s can connect to RLE Technologies’ LD2100 and LD5200, allowing the LD2100 or LD5200 to identify and annunciate multiple, simultaneous leaks.
Ready to purchase a SeaHawk system? Download and use our SeaHawk Sensing Cable Length Calculator to make sure you order the right amount of cable.
Make Sure You Have An Isolated Power Supply!
RLE leak detection controllers, including the LD1500, require an isolated power supply. A power supply is not included with the LD1500. Purchase an RLE power supply – PSWA-DC-24 or 24V-POE-Kit – or RLE’s LD-ENC.
Click here for more information about RLE leak detection controllers and isolated power supplies.
- Monitors up to 1,500 feet (457 meters) of sensing cable and/or spot detectors
- Web-based interface – view alarms and configuration with a Web browser
- Adjustable leak, delay, & alarm sensitivity threshold
- Modbus integration with LD5200 & LD2100
- SNMP, Modbus, and BACnet communications
- Supervised system identifies cable breaks and contamination
Included Equipment: LD1500 controller, leader cable, end-of-line (EOL) terminator
Additional Requirements: Isolated RLE power supply, sensing cable and spot detector (as needed for application), network cable
Power: Requires an isolated power supply.
- 24VDC Isolated @ 600mA max., 50/60Hz; requires RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24 (not included)
- 100/120/[email protected] 500mA max., 50/60Hz; requires RLE LD-ENC enclosure (not included)
- Leak Detection Cable: Compatible with all SeaHawk sensing cables (not included)
- Cable Input: Requires 15ft (4.6m) leader cable and EOL terminator (included)
- Maximum Length: 1,500ft (457m) of sensing cable
- Minimum Length: 35ft (11 m)
- Detection Accuracy: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.5% of the cable length
- Detection Repeatability: ± 2ft (0.6m) +/- 0.25% of the cable length
- Detection Response Time: When used with sensing cable, 5-995sec; software adjustable in 5 second increments; ±2sec.
- EIA-485: 1200, 2400, 9600, 19200, or 38400 baud (selectable); Parity: none, even or odd, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
- EIA-232: DB9 female connector; 9600 baud; 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit
- RJ-45: 10/100BASE-T Ethernet port; 500VAC RMS isolation
- EIA-485: Modbus RTU, Server; BACnet MS/TP; N2
- EIA-232: Terminal emulation, VT100 compatible
- RJ-45: Ethernet, TCP/IP; Modbus TCP/UDP, Server; SNMP V1, V2; NTP, SMTP, DNS; BACnet/IP
- Visual Alarm: Bi-color status LED
- SNMP Traps/Informs (Ethernet): 2 Community Strings
- Event Log: Last 10 events
- Web Browser Access (Ethernet): 1 Web password Read Only; 1 Web password Read/Write
- Terminal Emulation Access: None
Front Panel Interface
- LED Indicators: Power/Status: 1 bi-color (Power On: green; Alarm / Cable Fault / Cable Contamination: red)
- Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -4° to 185°F (-20° to 85°C)
Dimensions: 7″W x 3.62″H x 1.25″D (178mmW x 92mmH x 32mmD)
Weight: 1.5 lbs. (680g)
Mounting: Panel mount Type 1 enclosure. Optional wall mount enclosure available (LD-ENC-NP)
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010-1, EN 61010-1; certified to CSA C22.2 NO. 61010-1; RoHS compliant