Leak Detection For The FMS
The SD spot detector is designed to primarily function with RLE’s FMS environmental monitoring controller for leak detection. The SD comes with a two-wire open lead that allows it to be wired directly to the controller’s terminal block.
Spot detectors are ideal for small spaces. They are the most economical way to detect fluids in confined areas, such as condensation drip pans.
The SD functions like a switch; the circuit remains open until a leak is detected. The sense probes detect a leak, which causes the circuit to close, which then triggers an alarm.
Make Sure You Have An Isolated Power Supply!
The SD is typically powered by an FMS. In the event that the SD is not used in conjunction with an FMS, the SD requires an isolated power supply. Purchase RLE’s WA-AC-24-ST power supply.
The PSWA-DC-24-ST may also be used, but if a DC power supply is used the SD will be a latching device – once an alarm is detected, the spot detector will remain in an alarm state until power is cycled to the SD. Power supplies are available for purchase separately.
Click here for more information about RLE leak detection controllers and isolated power supplies.
- No exposed metal sensing posts – nothing to rust or corrode
- Potted electronics
- Functions when submerged in water
- Adjustable probes are easily adjusted to desired height
- Can be screwed or ram set to floor or baseboard
- Small footprint/enclosure
- Simple installation
- Ideal for tight areas
Power: The SD is usually powered by the RLE FMS. In the event that it is not used in conjunction with an FMS, it does require an isolated power supply.
- 24VDC (±10%) Isolated @ 0.1A max.; requires RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24-ST (not included)
- If a DC power supply is used the SD will be a latching device – once an alarm is detected, the spot detector will remain in an alarm state until power is cycled to the SD.
- 24VAC (±10%) Isolated @ 0.1A max.; requires RLE power supply WA-AC-24-ST (not included)
Solid State Output: 12-36VAC @ 0.01A min., 0.1A max.; 18-36VDC @ 0.01A min., 0.1A max.
Leader Cable (Non-sensing)
- Length: 14 feet (4.27m)
- Connector: N/A
- Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
Dimensions: 1.55″W x 2.0″H x 1.0″D (39.4mmW x 50.8mmH x 25.4mmD)
Weight: 4 oz. (105g)
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010-1, EN 61010, CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1, IEC 61326:1997; RoHS compliant