Three Zones of Integrated Leak Detection
The BMS-LD3Z provides three zones of RLE’s patented leak detection that directly integrates via protocols into any building management system (BMS) or alarm monitoring system.
Pair the BMS-LD3Z with RLE’s SeaHawk sensing cables and spot detectors to monitor for conductive fluid and caustic chemical leaks and integrate this information directly into a BMS or BAS.
What Sets The BMS-LD3Z Apart?
- Designed specifically for system integration, the BMS‑LD3Z leverages robust protocol communications to communicate with any Modbus RTU or BACnet MS/TP system.
- Notifies users quickly when an alarm condition is met.
- Zone leak detection system alarms when water comes into contact with the attached sensing cable or spot detector. It is the right fit for spaces where sensing cables and spot detectors are visible so leaks can easily be located.
- A supervised system, the controller continuously monitors the cable for leaks, breaks, and disconnects and sends an alarm notification when one is detected.
- No user interface or separate software required – integrates directly with existing BMS and alarm monitoring systems
- Enclosure mounts in a panel, on a DIN rail, or on a wall
- Incorporates RLE’s patented leak detection technology into any existing BMS or alarm monitoring system
Power: Hardwired 24VDC, 500mA or RLE power supply PSWA-DC-24-ST (optional; not included)
Included Equipment: BMS-LD3Z, DIN rail mount adapter
Required Accessories: One LC-KIT per zone of leak detection; SC, SC-ZH, SC-C, or SD-Z.
Sensing Cable: Compatible with all RLE sensing cables and the SD-Z and SD-Z1 spot detectors.
- Cable Input: Three cable inputs; EACH input requires LC-KIT: 15ft (4.57m) leader cable and EOL (not included)
- Maximum Length: Up to 1,000ft (305m) of sensing cable and spot detectors per zone; 3,000ft (915m) total
- Detection Response Time: < 10 seconds
- Cable Break Detection: Yes
- EIA-232: USB Connector; 115200 Baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit
- EIA-485: 9600, 19200, 38400 or 76800 baud (selectable); Parity: None, 8 data bits 1 stop bit
- Modbus RTU (EIA-485): Server RTU mode, supports function codes 03 and 04
- BACnet MS/TP (EIA-485)
- Push Button: Factory reset
- LED Indicators: Power/Status – 1 tricolor; Leak Zone Status- 1 tricolor
- DIP Switches: SW 1 – Device configuration; SW 2 – Modbus/BACnet device ID
- Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
Dimensions: 5.25”W x 6.0”H x 1.75”D (133mmW x 152mmH x 44.5mmD)
Weight: 8.0 oz. (228g)
Mounting: Wall mount (keyhole, zip tie, or screw holes); DIN rail mount
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010-1, IEC 61010; EN 60601-1; CSA C22.2 NO. 61010-1; IEC 55011; CISPR16; RoHS compliant.