The Wireless Monitoring Solution You’ve Been Waiting For
RLE has revolutionized the wireless sensor market with the launch of the WiNG wireless platform. A complete system of sensors, gateway manager, and range extenders monitors your facility for changes in temperature, humidity, and dew point and allows you to fine tune your environment to meet energy efficiency goals, maintain optimal equipment performance parameters, and ensure your facility is operating as expected.
A UI That Highlights Information You Need
The WiNG-MGR receives and aggregates signals from WiNG sensors. This data is displayed on a sleek web interface, accessible from any browser or mobile device. Designed to keep the most relevant information close at hand, the web interface provides direct alarm notification which allows users to quickly and effectively locate areas of concern. The
WiNG-MGR will also send email alarm notifications and provides trending information to help pinpoint potential trouble spots in any monitored areas.
Open Protocols for Unlimited Integration
An open protocol approach streamlines communications and allows the WiNG-MGR to easily integrate into larger BMS and NMS systems via SNMP, Modbus, or BACnet. There are no licensing fees and as our firmware evolves you can update your WiNG-MGR to ensure your unit always has the newest features.
12 Year Battery Life
WiNG temperature and temperature/humidity sensors are compact and unobtrusive, yet provide an industry leading battery life – sensor batteries will last up to 12 years at room temperatures. WiNG sensors maintain this extended battery life while communicating readings to the WiNG-MGR every 10-20 seconds.
Industry-Leading Transmission Range
The WiNG system has an unprecedented transmission range: up to 600 feet indoor, direct line of sight. While this range is more than ample for most situations, sometimes applications require signals to be pushed through more complex physical or noisy RF environments. The WiNG-RXT range extender can be implemented in these situations to add up to 1,000 feet direct line of sight transmission distance per range extender to the application.
- Proprietary wireless design
- A transmission range between manager and sensors that is second to none:
- Up to 100 feet (30.5m) through multiple walls
- Up to 270 feet (82.3m) through one wall
- Up to 600 feet (183m) direct line of sight
- Add up to 1,000 feet (305m) direct line of sight with each range extender
- Unparalleled sensor battery life:
- Up to 5 years across full operating range: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
- Up 8 years at temperatures up to 122°F (50°C)
- Up to 12 year battery life at room temperature
- Support 250 sensors on a single manager, up to 400 sensors with range extenders
- Open protocols support integration with BMS/NMS/DCiM via:
- Polling rate of 10-20 seconds
- Web interface enables direct alarm notification and stand-alone operation
- Optional calculated dew point with use of WiNG temperature/humidity sensors
- NO licensing fees – Firmware updates are available free of charge
Power: 24VAC @ 600mA max, 50/60Hz, 24VDC @ 600mA max.
Included Equipment: WiNG-MGR, PSWA-DC-24 power supply, antennas, rack mount tabs
Wired Relay Outputs: Two (2) Dry Contact, Form C, 1A @ 24VDC resistive, 0.5A @ 120VAC
Maximum Number of Wireless Sensors Per Manager: RLE recommends not exceeding 250 sensors per WiNG-MGR; 400 sensors per WiNG-MGR may be accomplished with range extenders, but signal conflict will increase.
- Ethernet: 10/100 BASE-T, RJ45 connector; 500VAC RMS isolation
- RS232: DB9 female connector; 9600 baud; no parity; 8 data bits; 1 stop bit
- EIA-485: 1200, 2400, 9600 or 19200 baud (selectable); no parity; even or odd; 8 data bits; 1 stop bit
- USB: Serial port emulation for diagnostics; 115200 baud; no parity; 8 data bits; 1 stop bit
- TCP/IP, HTML, TFTP, SNMP: V1: V2C MIB-2 compliant; NMS Manageable with Get; IPv4; IPv6
- Modbus (EIA-485): Modbus Slave; RTU mode; Supports function codes 03
- Modbus TCP/IP UDP/IP: Modbus Slave; TCP/IP transmission protocol
- BACnet/IP: ASHRAE STD 135-2004 Annex J
- BACnet/MSTP: EIA-485
- Terminal Emulation (RS232): VT100 compatible
Wireless Interface: Proprietary protocol from sensors to manager/range extender; mesh backbone between manager and range extender; 900MHz receivers for configuration, RP/SMA connectors for 900MHz antennas.
Login Security: Web browser access (Ethernet); 8 users and passwords can be configured
- Temperature: Records temperature data at 5 minute intervals; daily records; retains 30 days of information
- Temperature/Humidity: Records temperature and humidity data at 10 minute intervals; daily records; retains 30 days of information
- Temperature: 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC – 60ºC)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- Altitude: 15,000 ft (4572m) max.
Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 185ºF (-20ºC – 85ºC)
Mounting: Desktop, rack mount (tabs included)
Dimensions and Weight: 9.7”W x 4.8”D x 1.8”H (24.6cmW x 12.2cmD x 4.6cmH), 2.7lb (1.23kg)
Certifications: ETL listed; conforms to UL 61010-1, EN 61010; certified to CSA C22.2 NO, 61010.1; RoHS compliant; FCC ID: X7J-A11072401 and MCQ-XB900HP; IC: 8975A-A11072401 and 1846A-XB900HP
WiNG Sensor Specifications
Power: 3.6V AA lithium battery
- Up to 5 years when system spans full operating temperature range.
- Up to 8 years at room temperatures up to 122°F (50°C)
- Up to 12 years at room temperature
Shelf Life: 10 years in quiescent mode with battery installed
- Interval: 10-20 seconds (random)
- Frequency: 900 MHz
- Range: Up to 600 ft (183m) line of sight
Temperature Sensor Accuracy
- Typical: +/- 0.2°C from 10°C to 60°C; +/- 0.5°C from -40°C to 85°C
- Maximal: +/- 0.4°C from 10°C to 60°C; +/- 1.0°C from -40°C to 85°C
Temperature and Humidity Sensor Accuracy
- Typical Temperature: +/- 0.3°C from -40°C to 85°C
- Maximal Temperature: +/- 0.4°C from -40°C to 85°C
- Typical Humidity: +/- 2% from 0%RH to 100%RH, 0°C to 85°C
- Maximal Humidity: +/- 3% from 0%RH to 100%RH at 25°C
- NOTE: The sensor shows the best performance over the range of 20%RH to 80%RH, 5°C to 60°C. Prolonged exposure outside of that range will impact humidity accuracy.
- Temperature: -13ºF to 167ºF (-25ºC – 75ºC)
- Altitude: -200 ft to 15,000 ft (-70m to 4572m) max.
Mounting: Free standing, magnets (included), 1U screw, 15mm mini din rail, zip ties
Dimensions and Weight: 2.8”L x 1.1”W x 1.1”H (7.1cmL x 2.8cmW x 2.8cmH), 0.08lb (0.036kg)
Certifications: FCC ID: X7J-A11072401: IC: 8975A-A11072401