Protection From Shock and Electrocution
The GFM600-2 monitors the potential for ground current flow and is a proactive way to monitor a battery string and to prevent shock and electrocution that can occur when a connection is made between a battery and a chassis. Through local annunciation and a relay interface, the GFM600-2 informs users about the ground fault condition of a battery and provides notification of potential ground current conditions.
Our ground fault monitor keeps track of a battery string plus-and-minus bus in relationship to the potential for approaching a grounded condition. The Ground Fault Monitor sounds an alarm when there is potential for ground current leakage by measuring the impedance of a battery’s plus and minus terminals to chassis or frame ground.
Customizable For Every Application
The alarm threshold can be adjusted to user defined limits, enabling users to tailor the GFM to their specific application. The GFM600-2 has three Form C output relays, one status/summary and two for ground fault, making it capable of being monitored by two remote monitoring systems.
- Monitors a battery’s (+) and (-) terminals in relation to the potential for approaching a grounded condition
- Designed to monitor a “floating” battery string
- Adjustable alarm threshold
- Internal power supply
- Ideal for DC power stations
Power: 120/230-240VAC @ 500mA max.; hardwired power supply
- Input Voltage (to sensor): 0-600VDC
- Fuse: KTK-R-1
- Relay: 3 Dry Contacts; Form C; 1A @ 24VDC, 0.5A resistive @120VAC (1 Status/Summary, 2 Ground Fault)
DC Ground Fault Resistance: 1K-99K Alarm Range: 1K-99K
Alarm Notification: Audible Alarm, 85dBA @ 2ft (0.61m)
Front Panel Interface
- Switches: Alarm Silence: 1 (on/off)
- LED Indicators: Power: 1 green (on/off); Ground Fault: 1 red; Status: 1 green; DC Fail: 1 red; Alarm Silenced: 1 yellow
- Push Buttons: Reset: 1
- Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
Dimensions: 12.0″W x 14.0″H x 4.0″D (305mmW x 356mmH x 102mmD)
Weight: 10.0 lbs. (4.54kg)
Enclosure: Type 1 steel powder coated
Mounting: Vertical wall mount
Certifications: ETL listed: conforms to UL STD 61010A-1, EN STD 61010; certified to CAN/CSA C22.2 STD NO. 1010.1